All this college basketball season the Tar-Heels have had one huge problem... the play of their point guards, especially Larry Drew II (his dad played in the NBA and is an assistant coach for the Atlanta Hawks). But that all changed Sunday. The Tar Heels where down by six points in the second half of their ACC opener against V-Tech. Larry Drew only had two points, two turnovers and three fouls. When he came into the game I groaned, not knowing what he was about to do.
He quickly silenced me with two great steals, Ty Lawson caliber cross-overs, lay-ups and passes, helping the Tar-Heels take a one point lead. Than, he knocked down the teams first three pointer of the day. Than another that barley beat the shot-clock. The Heels won 78-64.
GO LARRY DREW!!!!
And why the heck did the Seahawks fire Jim Mora? Can't they give him another chance?
What happened last night against Clemson??? He turned into Larry Pew!
ReplyDeleteThe Seahawks fired Mora because he used the media to call out his players...they didn't like that. Also, the first couple of GM/President canidates withdrew because they did not want to work with Mora. Pretty much...no one wanted to work with Mora.
ReplyDeletei liked mora... :(. And it seemed like clemson fans got more larry drew passes than teammates did. did he have 2 prove me wrong.... that game sucked.
ReplyDeleteNow lets talk abut the Zags vs Duke game a few weeks ago shall we.... how many points did the zags score? 39? now thats what i call BAD
Yep...the Zags sucked...but remember I wasn't shouting their praises prior to the game either! NC is a better team than Gonzaga both in talent and coaching...I won't argue with you there. But Larry did disappoint big time. When it comes to Mora I liked him but it was clear as the end of the season came the players had a lot of issues with him and his coaching staff. I just don't think he handled it very well on the media front and I think Paul Allen had the same issues with him as the owner of the Falcons did when he fired Mora. Mora is talented and I think if Tony Dungy accepted the president position then he would be with the team. I think the situation changed once they started interviewing other GM canidates.
ReplyDeleteKING FELIX SIGNS FOR 5 YEARS AND 78 MILLION!!!! A great deal for a future multiple Cy Young winner!!!!
ReplyDelete